Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday... or... Thursday...

Hi!

I...

um...


I didn't come back yesterday like I said I would...

Sorry.

But you aren't the only one that got neglected!  I accomplished not much of anything before 9pm last night, so..

Anyway,  I did weigh myself.  And I am sorry to say I did not lose anything last week.  BUT, I also did not gain anything.  I think I have hit that plateau I was talking about.  And it's fine.  It happens.  The very beginning is super fast, and now I'm getting used to it.  Time to switch things up again.  My plan was to make the gym thing happen this week, but... ya know... what with all the lack of productivity happening and the preparing for the weekend, it doesn't look good for that to happen.  But it's OK.  Seriously!  Gia leaves at 5pm on Sunday, so I will go straight to the gym after dropping her off which I think is a great plan and one that will get me back into the swing of things!  Because as you know I have been out of the swing of the gym for quite some time.

No worries though, I haven't lost my motivation!  People are starting to really notice the weight loss (16 pounds is quite a lot of weight.  Think about a 5 pound bag of potatoes.  I've lost more than 3 of those.  WHAT??!  That's nutty!)

But it's pretty much in stone that I won't be making the 25 pound mark by vacation.  Maybe it's because I didn't get myself that massage I kept promising myself after I lost the first 10 pounds and now myself is rebelling against myself.  That's unfortunate, because myself is too broke to pay for a massage right now.  But myself might be able to buy myself a new vanity or a new comforter set at that 25 pound mark!  Eh?  Eh?  OK self, knock out those 9 more pounds!  You can do it!

OK, enough with the pep talk... let's talk weekend plans!

Here's the problem.

I really like food.  Like a lot.  I'm a foody!  I love trying new stuff, but at the same time I know what I like (which tends to be stuff not good for me.  I try to make myself enjoy eating the better stuff by telling myself how good it will be to get all this extra weight off of me.  It works sometimes.  But other times you just really want Bailey's Cheesecake.  Mmmmm.  Cheesecake.....)

I digress.

I am throwing a Stella and Dot at-home party this weekend and I have a bunch of girls coming over to hang out.  Stella and Dot is an adorable jewelry company, and I can't WAIT to shop!  I need some new shiny things...

I also decided to take it as an option for my friends to all get together.  We'll have wine (and lemonade and iced tea for those ladies who have to work), and the menu... oooooo people!  The menu!  It's delish!  Now, not everything is Weight Loss Wednesday friendly.  But I am doing little things in order to cut the fat and calories out of as many things as I can.  Here's what we're having:

7 Layer Taco Dip (made with lite, low-fat sour cream and cream cheese, topped with lots of veggies and salsa)

Pasta Salad (lite homemade Italian dressing)

Sopapilla Cheesecake (made with low-fat cream cheese

Baked Brie (there is just nothing healthy about cheese and jam encased in puff pastry.  But GOD that's delish!)

Baked Crab Rangoons (it's a Weight Watchers recipe, and there are only 47 calories, 1.15g. of total fat, and super low in all the other bad stuff like cholesterol and sodium per rangoon!)

Cheesy Roasted Garlic Potato Balls (I mean.  DELISH.  I will have one.  Or two.  But that's it.)

Wrapped Pizza which has organic sauce, lots of veggies and turkey pepperoni.

Nutella Fudge (OK.  I used reduced fat peanut butter and dark chocolate chips.  That's as healthy as I could make this.  But my girls LOVE their Nutella so I had to make it for them!  Plus it was super easy.... and now it's just sitting at my house staring at me.)

Gia will be here spending the weekend as I mentioned and I can't wait for her to see the place!  Flo gets back from her week at Sun Valley (don't even get me started.  So jealous right now.  She's been mingling with Oprah.  OPRAH, people.  Ugh.) on Saturday.  Sunday we are doing brunch at Uva on the Upper East Side and then going from there.  It's shaping up to be a pretty fun weekend!  Again with the no sleep or relaxation but... I'm starting to get the feeling that I don't really like to relax.  Which is unfortunate because 3 weeks from now I'll be headed to Florida for a whole LOT of relaxing!

So anyway, if you're in the NYC area and are not a creeper, come on by on Saturday for some good food and pretty jewelry!  For now, I'm going to make up my final grocery list since I am headed to Trader Joes after work to pick up the last items.  God I love that place... OK... bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment