Friday, September 2, 2011

DC Bound in.. like... soon.

HIIII!!!

OK, so update:  Last night I did NOT go to the Eagles Bar on the Upper East Side to watch their last pre-season game.  I walked home from work with Terri for the 3rd time this week (YAY!) and got home around 7:30.  I was starving and had dinner and did laundry and talked to Papa and WENT TO BED!

Today marks exactly 9 months since my grandmother passed away.  Nanny was probably the kindest, sweetest, best grandmother I could have asked for.  We all miss her desperately.  I think about her all the time.  Papa is OK, but pretty sad today. 



On a lighter note...

Tonight I am having Happy Hour with Ana because it's NECESSARY and we are falling face first off the wagon... we both feel we need to cut back on the drinking (me because I am not losing any weight at all and I suspect that is the reason, Ana because she feels like the neighborhood lush.  Ha..). 

Here's hoping we know how to reel it in a little bit because if I don't leave the office soon, I'll have to pack AFTER happy hour.  And honestly?  I don't see that going well... but maybe I'll just pull an Ana and show up to my destination without a clue as to what is in my bag!  WEEEEEEEE!!

Speaking of destinations... My destination for the long weekend is DC!  And it appears we have quite the fun line-up! 

I leave NYC at 9am.  Do you hear that? 9am. On a SATURDAY MORNING.  Gah.  But well worth it.  Pray that I get my own seat because FO REAL.  Not trying to share.  I will arrive in DC around 2pm (give or take for traffic) where I will be greeted by Gia!! 

From there it's lunch, and maybe a walk to see some damage done to the National Cathedral or the Washington Monument.  Pray that thing doesn't crash down on me.  I'm not much of a runner and if those cracks start making it teeter I'm pretty sure I'd be a goner.

Then I will head to my brother, Mike and my sister-in-law Jody's home (I am aware that is not grammatically correct.  1) It's Friday, 2) it's a holiday weekend.  And that's a tough one to figure out.  I'm leaving it.) to let there adorable pooch Magoo out and give him some dinner.  We will either have a wine night (me and Gia, not me and Magoo... although I hope he is aware he is welcome to join us...) or we might go out in Balston!  WOOO!  Party over heeeeeeere! 

The next day we'll get up and head back into DC for the Nationals game vs. the Mets!  Gia scored us some box seats which is awfully stellar of her! 

That evening we might meet up with Mike, Jody and QUINN!!! for dinner.  No seriously.  That's how you spell his name. Q-U-I-N-N and three exclamation points.  Fo real. 

OK not really.

So then maybe Sunday night we'll go out and celebrate labor day by making the bartenders work really hard!

Monday should be low key.  I head back to NYC at 4pm, so... Maybe sleep in and grab a little lunch. 

So that's the plan!  Rather exciting, no?  The DJ is unaware of my visit (at least I think he is) and will remain this way for as long as I can help it... hopefully until the end of time!  I've had 2 or 3 dreams about us fighting over the last couple of days.  Here's hoping for his sake that doesn't happen.. because let me tell you... I was BRUTAL!

So what are your plans for Labor Day?  Anybody expected to have a baby over Labor Day?  I love that kind of irony... anyway... ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment