Monday, May 2, 2011

So things have happened...

So this is the post I was going to write:

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

She's done it.  Kate Middleton has found the dress I have always wanted and never realized.  Never once have I actually been able to picture what the wedding dress of my dreams would look like.  And then she stepped out of the car and there it was.



<><>
I even loved that veil.  So classic.


Look at the back!  I love the lace detail


Just perfection.  I mean, it doesn't help that she is actually perfect.
But wow.




Doesn't she look like a Disney Princess? 
Look at her sleeve with the little delicate buttons!


She has the best dimples.  I hate that bouquet.

The Prince and his Princess
I mean seriously.  It's very nearly too picture perfect.  Being an event planner, I was of course bored with the decor.  The only real addition that could be made to Westminster Abbey were the trees they brought it.  Which I loved.  But there really wasn't any pizazz.  I guess with a dress like that you don't need much pizazz, huh?

This chicky felt differently:


"What this place needs is some Monarch Butterflies!
And I know just how to make that happen!"
I mean, if I'm being honest, I was really excited to see the hats.  I feel like everybody that focuses on having a "royal wedding" only focuses on the venue decor.  If I decide to have a royal wedding (which I won't) I would put on the invitation that interesting head-wear is required.  REQUIRED.  Because I would really like to have a picture of THESE monstrosities to remember for all time:

"Bean Bag Toss anyone?  I've brought my own target!"
I mean really.
I think if I was going to the wedding I'd probably wear something like this:


Funky and pretty, but doesn't draw a ton of attention away from the bride. 
Please see above to reference what might take away from the bride.
And Pippa look amazing!



I normally would freak out over anything white in nature being worn to a wedding unless you are the bride... but she totally rocked this.  I would very much like to know how these girls get their flat stomachs.  Because it was no joke.  Seriously.  You rocked white.  In April.  ON TV.  IN FRONT OF MILLIONS (or more).  And you nailed it!

But the day was beautiful and a lot of fun.  I like how they are truly a modern couple, and despite the whole future King and Queen of England thing, have a very normal relationship.  I didn't want to watch all the specials.  I did it for research.  Yes.  Because that is how parties and events will be trending for quite some time.  I had to know all the details!  Research... And I really didn't want to like the Will and Kate story/ Lifetime Movie.  I kind of liked it.  Don't tell anybody.

What I absolutely detested?  The tacky weddings happening in Times Square.  Really??  They were rushed and just clearly people trying to bask in Kate's glow.  Not cool.  Super classless.  And not even well rehearsed.  Hated it.

But at the end of the day, here's the REALLY good news:


I am currently on the Marry Harry Train.
Kid has gotten really good looking!


**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

So pretty good post right?  Time sensitive and all and just slightly late.  And that was the plan until last night at about 10: 45 when this happened:




And now I'm behind.  This is why I was never a journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment